- Designing and implementing the field security infrastructure for a regional development bank with offices in 26 countries and hundreds of billions in project loans. This included establishing policies at the Board of Directors level and implementing them in the field. Because of this success, VDI’s relationship with the client has lasted over 15 years and we continue providing outsourced management and direction to the program.
- Gaining the release of an American reporter from an Asian country where he had been imprisoned on sedition charges after reporting on rebel and government activities. This operation drew upon VDI’s network of in-country diplomatic, legal, political, and security contacts and resulted in the client being released and safely escorted from the country by VDI.
- Developing and fully implementing in just nine months a business continuity program for a multi-billion dollar international conglomerate based overseas. This included the establishment of redundant facilities in another country, creating fail-safe communications networks, conducting legal and technical reviews, setting up evacuation plans, and security management operations.
- Establishing the first emergency air transport and evacuation system within 24 hours of the devastating earthquake in Haiti in January 2010.
- Solving land disputes and problems with indigenous groups for a major U.S. petroleum services company in a Latin American country, as well as quiet acquisition of land for the construction of a refinery. VDI was later tasked with directly managing security at additional facilities, a port, and offshore petroleum pumping facility. VDI was subsequently contracted for a comprehensive pre-acquisition audit of an oil refinery, pipeline operations and terminal in Eastern Europe. After completion of the purchase, VDI managed security for this entire operation with 400 miles of pipeline, two major refineries, a mixing station, offshore platforms, a petroleum delivery railroad, and all offices and residences associated with its management.
- Facilitated a personal meeting between the CEO of a U.S. company and the leader of a Middle East country to neutralize the efforts of a corrupt foreign competitor in the petroleum industry.
- Performing security risk assessments and developing security enhancement programs for two gold mining operations in a high threat country experiencing considerable political instability.
- Coordinating operations for a significant non-state actor in its quest for greater international recognition and providing assistance to help it mitigate threats.
- Working with a foreign government to help it develop its internal human and electronic intelligence capabilities so to address domestic and international threats to stability.